SKYRANGER original and unique design
The SKYRANGER benefited from 1994 of studies : computer structure , break test of vital parts, wind tunnel testing, etc.
Studies previously reserved to traditional aircraft.
Several static tests (1996 German approval 2001 for the BCAR’S held at 6G without deformations and 16 degrees of incidence for over 10 sec ).
The Skyranger allows performance close to a standart club light aircraft but with exceptional simplicity of design.
SKYRANGER longwing VMAX2 or shortwing SWIFT2
SKYRANGER SWIFT 2
The SkyRanger Swift is a development from the best selling SkyRanger. Featuring a smaller wing, the Swift benefits from higher cruise speeds and a more comfortable ride in turbulence thanks to the increased wing loading.
With a combination of shorter wingspan, and greater torsional strength, the smaller ailerons result in reduced roll loads and increased roll rate, especially noticeable at high cruise speeds over 160km/h. Powerful control response right down to stall speed, makes for easy control, and superb crosswind capability.
The SkyRanger Swift always did have the highest payload in class, and with the Swift gaining 3Kg from the smaller wing this is increased further. Basic spec aircraft can be built under 250Kg. The owner can then decide whether to benefit from increased payload, or add a full range of extras and avionics, without having to worry about exceeding the maximum weight limit.
SKYRANGER V MAX2
The SkyRanger Vmax 2 is the latest version with new upper fiber fin increasing stabilty. With the largest wing it is capable of flying on the least horsepower, so is the best choice for the smaller engine options. Having a low wing loading it has the best STOL performance too when flying with equal horsepower, and a slightly lower stalling speed.
The SkyRanger Classic is also the lowest cost SkyRanger model offering outstanding value for money. It can be customized later, with the addition of a large range of retrofit options.
Construction and technology
SKYRANGER INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY
- The incredible simple design which makes the characteristic and the originality of the SKYRANGER reach a single and exceptional level for such exceptional performances for Two-Seater UL airplane.
- This genius and unique design makes the assembly, use and maintenance to a very high level of simplicity.
- This technology is so original, and become a reference.
- And also most important is high security level due to its simplicity.
- The fuselage design is patented, and construction features are:
- Pin jointed tubular construction.
- No welded tubes.
- Only straight tubes are used (with the obvious exception of wing ribs!).
- Main structure is of aircraft grade 2024 aluminium tubing. Other parts are made from Steel, and Stainless steel.
- The undercarriage is particularly strong: the SkyRanger being designed for “off the beaten track” operation.
- Covering is made with pre made sewn fabric envelopes, which quickly slide into position and tension.
- Glassfibre panels are used for cowlings. These are supplied finished in white, and also require no painting.
- Ease of build: only simple ‘handy man’ skills required to complete
- Easy and simple to inspect
- Simple maintenance
- Ease of repair
- Excellent strength to weight ratio
- Low shipping volume, and low carriage costs for kit and parts
- Long term structural fatigue resistance
- Low cost of individual components, and complete kits
- All building is simple fun and educational
It will result in you knowing all the aircraft and having great confidence in the structure and your ability to look after the machine in the years ahead and carry out maintenance tasks
|SKYRANGER Model||VMAX 2||SWIFT 2|
|Moteur ul version||Rotax 912||Rotax 912s||Rotax 912||Rotax 912s|
|SKYRANGER DESIGN WEIGHTS AND CAPABILITIES|
|Maximal Weight UL||472kg|
|Empty Weight Min||262kg||264kg|
|Limit Loads||+4G / -2G|
|Velocity Never Exceed VNE||200km/h||210km/h|
|Max Level Speed||160km/h||185km/h|
|VS0 with 25° flaps with extension||64km/h||64km/h|
|TakeOff Distance at 450kg||170m||160m||170m||160m|
|TakeOff and 15m||320m||300m||320m||280m|
|Rate of Climb||4m/s||5m/s||5m/s|
|Range at Cruise Speed||550km||580km|
ERGONOMY, STANDARD EQUIPMENT
Engine options :
- Rotax 582 65CV only available on Skyranger Vmax
- Jabiru 2200 85CV
- Rotax 912 80CV
- Rotax 912S 100CV
Cloth covering Options :
- White Dacron cloth (to be painted)
- DACRON colored cloth (to be painted with clear)
- XLAM cloth (UV resistant, not necessary to paint)
- DACRON thermo-Retratable Diatex, Polyfiber or another (possible).
Wheel spats :
Tinted screen :
Wingtip fairings :
Parachute recovery system :
Easy to install, for best security flights.
Two piece door (1-piece as standard) :
Bush Wheel Option111 :
The wheel bush on the nose is not necessary because the weight is minimal on this GEAR plus the induced drag on the nose wheel equipped with bush is very important
Seaplane Option :
Wing fold option :
DURABILITY and SAFETY
The SKYRANGER is built with the best materials and latest generation steel to aluminum! 2017, 2024, 7075, 25CD4, 15CDV6.
The paintings are in xlam latest generation UV and protected. The linen change is cheaper than paint on a plane composite or aluminum.
The concept cleverly combines the advantages of aluminum and composite ones, but without the disadvantages of each of them!
The structure in aluminum tubing offers the best compromise between strength, durability, corrosion and fatigue, this technology is known and controlled, the skyranger still flying with over 10 000 flight hours, number of structures skyranger pass the 20,000 landings school !!! intensive use without any compensation.
The skyranger the power to weight ratio is exceptional, its load capacity is excellent and helps to increase compliance.
Repair costs with aluminum tubes assembled by bolts and panels interchangeable glass fibers are incomparably economic.
Repairs can be done locally and immediately by anyone, anywhere, without special skills with a result and optimum safety! ! !
Simplicity … your peace …
Main airframe components:
- Box 1 – 430 x 32 x 32 cm (95kg)
- Box 2 – 270 x 32 x 32 cm (35kg)
Pre assembled tail and control surfaces :
Ailerons, flaps and other coverings :
- Box 3 – 240 x 20 x 74 cm (30kg)
Wheels and brakes :
- Box 4 – 40 x 40 x 40cm (12kg)
Cowlings and tanks :
- Box 5 – 100 x 70 x 60cm (15 kg)
Lexan (for glazing) :
- Box 6 – 130 x 40 x 40cm (12kg)